Sunday, November 11, 2007

P is home...but

I brought P home Thursday. Vet gave me IV solution, needles, antibiotic, 2 cans special diet. Once home, she checked everywhere to be sure it was home; drank water, ate some of the canned food and after yelling alot, fell asleep.

She's had 3 IV sessions and is unable to eat or drink anything. This morning she was too weak to get up into her chair where she sleeps. When I realized she was hanging out on the rug because she just couldnt make it up, I put her on her chair where she fell asleep in 2 minutes.

She seems to want food and water, but for some unknown reason smells it, goes to it and turns away.

I'm going to try her old food, maybe that's what she's looking for. I think she's just had enough...19 is a fairly long life for a cat. She's totally disengaged for everything now.

Really trying to wait this out, but I think come erev shabbos, if she's the same or worse, the right decision is to end her suffering. I couldnt do it before, because of my attachment to her, but its clear selfishness on my part to prolong a terminal situation.




No comments: