Thursday, June 9, 2011

moved and other unimportant news

Yeah, I moved, thank G-d out NY, the sewer of the world. No more 'blind' pedestrians pushing and shoving as they walk past you without a word. No more attitudinous self important semi educated minorities in positions where they like nothing better than moving like molassess, ignoring whomever is there they were hired to assist. (I think this issue is nationwide in the US-attitudinous while claiming victimhood, demanding equal rights and reparations). No more family ghosts, they all died, there is no family, never was...except my father, whose been gone since '73 but managed to protect and steer me to Chabad. No more liars and schemers at work who say one thing and sharpen their knives while whittling away at any stature or respect you had gained over the years. No more tiny filthy apartment that overlooked a tiny back yard where the cats, first Pids, then the boys sat for hours watching nothing but Chinese laundry debris fluff fly by or the occasional leaf after all the trees were cut down because they interferred with Chinese Dish reception and all the birds left. No more tired doctor who for 5 years threw meds at me, trying to make me well as my body slowly disintegrated into a pit of pain and barely able to walk. I caught a few episodes of Sex and the City, a series I entirely missed when it first appeared and then was in reruns. Its now in its third rerun cycle and two post series movies were made and Kim Cattrall is bitching about no work for 'older actresses' as she continues to portray herself as a purring cougar, yeech. And I must say, its a world that exists for some perhaps or maybe only in the minds of the producers. NYC is not the fairy tale twinkling lights of fun sex love and light. Its violent, ruthless, non stop or getoutoftheway screw you, filled with ingratitude, selfishness and pockets of good deeds done that rarely if ever get done anonymously, usually calling attention to themselves for praise, promotion and future positions. No one in NY does nuthin for nuthin. As my dad said when I told him I got into Hunter College in the months before his death, we were penniless, scrambling and he had no idea what would happen to his young wife and 2 daughters. You dont get nuthin for nuthin.... I learned alot...left 5 kids and a husband to go to college on a scholarship on the idea I would work and eventually get my kids and support us. But the world of mankind and it is a man's world still, doesnt operate according any particular law other than Murphy's. 28 yrs later...I'm living in a state I never been to except once on a bus to sample shoe-fly pie. People say hello even though they dont know you from nuthin. People help out, I've been stopped on the street, asked if I need help carrying something. A woman last week while driving motioned at the stop light, asking if I was okay. That is how obvious my being ill has become. Carrying a small amount of groceries is a mammoth job that can only be described as trying to climb a mountain naked against the elements-sheer cliff, wind, snow, heat agonizing pain and like Sisyphus, I may get close to finding a med that alleviates some symptoms, but efficacy is always just out of reach as I near base camp, down we go to begin again. And so the docs here have marvelled at my condition, the truckload of meds I take that appear to do little or nothing to alleviate (there's that word again) pain or symptoms of the vascillating "comordbid" illnesses I've been diagnosed with. The first doctor, G-d bless his soul, took away all my NY pain meds and gave me brand new pain medication and this one works! Works well enough I can skip a day, know its there if I need it and he was perplexed why I was left to live like that.

No comments: