Thursday, June 30, 2011

why your money belongs in a mattress

So with all the expenses I'm trying to cover, some of which have nothing to do with me personally-I found my bank account on the edge, literally short a few dollars so that 2 checks I ran, uh, hobbled would be more accurate, but I went in good faith, to give my landlord on the 28th, would not go thru without bounce fees totalling $79 (35/35 on each end). I was so embarrassed but decided the adult thing would be to call landlord and ask them to hold it just until after July 4th holiday, but as luck goes, they deposited both checks on the 29th. I went online and 'stopped' the smaller check, so the rent check could go thru. A few hours later I check the account, strictly from nerves because I'm also wondering when the hell the LTD company plans to deposit their check-like its a minimum 3 day holiday, for some its four days, so I'm a hoping and a prayin that by July 1 Friday the damn check is in the bank and I dont have to wait until July 5, but its their perogative to decide when its deposited anytime between the 3rd and 7th...I think that's the range they once quoted me. The bank grabbed its stop check fee immediately. Now, the reasons a person stops a check are many including lack of funds, though that was never the intention when the check was written-you know people hold checks and when you think the account has deducted the payment or purchase, no it shows up a week or more later when you thought the funds were available, surprise!! I am now .35 over my rent check and if anything comes through for processing in the meantime, I'm out both the stop check fee of $27 and $70 for bounced check. I, am going to learn, for the future, to be like every other pig and wait until the last freakin minute, not be a nice guy not worry about doing the right thing and take care of me first, period. I could have easily sat home and paid these freakin bills after the holiday, but I went in so they wouldnt have any issues with a new tenant. The "house" always wins-thats why your money belongs in your mattress.

No comments: