Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Poetry coming out

I am quite excited...seems being older has given me a kind of confidence I've never experienced before. In 2 days my latest poem is being published in a volume of literature and poetry, CRANNOG, in Galway, Ireland. I am putting the finishing touches on a small volume of selected poetry that I hope will be published and available this fall.  I kept myself in a physical situation at home where writing was virtually impossible as there was simply no surface space to put work and type. Since my kids hardly come round to visit I gave up and made the dining room table my desk and moved it into a different position so there's surface for manuscripts and laptop.

Therapy is getting more intense, I'm seeing therapist 2x a week because we were going nowhere fast with once a week. After giving me some new diagnostic insights she came up with, she said we've reached a fork where I'll have to decide whether to dig deeper or leave myself as I am; to dig will require courage according to her, to do nothing is a choice I can also make. Well, I went into therapy to see whether lifting lifelong depression is possible, so I don't see much of a choice...only fear of what I will uncover is holding me back. I also don't want to jeopardize the project I'm working on-in short, I want to finish the book before any more breakdowns if that's in store for me. My therapist is very supportive so I think if I'm on thin ice, we can work through it.


I briefly brought in a 3rd cat that I wanted to adopt. She so upset my boys I could only keep her 4 days before returning her to the shelter. My small fat cat threw up and still startles easy over unseen, unrecognized noises since she left. Turns out the young miss cat took at least one poop in a large flat box filled with tissue paper that the boys play in. She sat in their litter box like a hen on a clutch of eggs, but didn't use it, she ate their food despite having her own litter box and food dishes. She was so dominating she walked right into their space and chased them out, literally. Then she would walk back into my front room and rub and mew like a little angel. I realize its a cat, but I can't have the boys upset to that extent in our small place.

So keep me in your thoughts so I can finish my own book, all prayers and good energy is deeply appreciated. If you want to view the poem coming out in the next 2 days, I'll post it.

No comments: