Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cold

Can you imagine being so cold, all the time, even in weather that is 70+degrees F? An internal kind of chill that only blazing hot showers take the edge off. Sometimes I forget about this simple relief, but for tonight I just unpacked some already packed heavy quilts and piled them on the bed. Every night I've been using Lidoderm pain patches because of spinal compression. At first they seemed to do nothing and that's what I reported to Dr. But I was never instructed HOW TO use THEM, where to place them. Even though there's a mile long info slip of warnings not to lick your fingers, scratch your eyes or the cat's nose inside each box, there aren't clear suggestions where to place the very sticky/tricky patches. Once peeled, they have to be placed, blindly and approximately where the pain is. In my situation, the pain is in the hip/groin because its radiated from the lower spine. Placement on my lower back was doing nothing, so I had pretty much given up using them. But I need options to deal with chronic 24/7 pain, so I tried different placements and seem to be having success. I do not expect that a new Dr. is going to be as amenable to write scripts for pain meds...

No comments: