Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ganza velt is meshugah

It's my fault, totally.

The goya I met on the train a few days ago calls me this morning. On the train, she wanted to discuss judaism, had attended "one or two" kabbalah classes, I felt sorry for her, she was very emotional, asked about end of life absolution and so many other questions. She asked for my phone number and gave me her card.

I'm home working because in too much pain to commute and the phone rings. It's her and I'm kinda surprised..."It's your friend, from the train..."
Okay, not sure what to say except Hi, how are you...

She asks what kind of work I do.
"I'm a writer," then wait to hear the followup about what have I written etc etc
"I'm in AWE!! That's like being an actress and I'm in AWE of them too, I could never get up on a stage in front of people like that..."

Please make you're sitting down and have lit a cigarette or had a stiff drink before reading the following:

She's a psychotherapist (which doesnt require a license to practice in NY) a "massage-auric healer" AND a kabbalah healer.

A kabbalah healer?
A goy who knows nothing about judaism and isn't interested in converting, is going around claiming to 'heal' with kabbalah? She didnt even know what a keli or sefirot was, doesn't daven, cant read Hebrew...the world is truly mad.

This is what comes from band wagon money makers trying to make a buck on one of the core pillars of our religion--and I'm not referring about goyim now.
I'm referring to those who decided that mass marketing of kabbalah to the masses was an opportunity not to be missed. No names here, I'm sure there are legit teachers out there.

You know what, this bitch scared me...maybe too much scares me actually. But this kind of insanity really scares me.

It shows me everything is up for grabs, nothing's of value or sacred now except what you create in your own tiny daled amis. It tells me that my instinct to build a 'wall' both spiritual and emotional is NOT incorrect, but protective.

She tried inviting herself to my unpainted, boxed up apt!
She doesn't know diddley about me, nor I about her.

I don't think the conversation lasted 3 minutes, my skin was crawling from what I heard.
Am I too sensitive? Shy? Inhibited? Are people really like this? I'm not joking about this.
I read more papers than anyone should have to for work, but I could be missing something, someone fill me in.

Ernest Hemingway used to say that "A writer has to have a built in crap detector"
Maybe mine is in overdrive...

No comments: