Friday, January 14, 2011

Tempus Fugit

Why not start the end of the week with a cliche? Better than beginning the week with one. Difficult few days. Scheduled for an lower spine MRI because walking now is so painful and I spent 2 days in a row going into the city, doctors and small errands. G-d I have to calculate and count everything I do now...what is the absolute necessity, what can I just leave out, how to combine activities to get more things done efficiently. But in the end the hot water bottle and bed rest doesnt cut the mustard anymore. Since I have pain medication and dont use it because of fears of addiction that run in the family, my doctor almost lost it last week and said USE THE PAIN MEDS. And so I did, but instead of taking a whole pill, they're made to split in half, so it was half before bed and if needed during the day. So the med got me through 'recuperating' which took about 3 days and then I can stop them without side effect or craving to use them.
Called SSD to ask whether moving and starting a relationship w new doctor meant starting anew with them. Rep said not at all, already approved means continue in treatment and we'll update with you as needed.
That information re-opens the door to find an apartment elsewhere, remaining in Brooklyn is impossible alone. I dont want to share living quarters w a stranger and even if I did, my current place now feels too small even for me and 2 cats.
My kids seem to have decided that it my job from NY to search for a place near them, they'll look into it and packing, moving is also on me. They're busy with work and social lives. Absolutely no urgency on their part to seriously help or get me there. I suppose this is payback for being an absent mother for so many years. Don't have the stomach even to think out loud about that right now.

No comments: