Monday, July 11, 2011

not so loony after all

I'm relieved and happy to say out loud that my insistence for 3 weeks to inept rhuematologist, who forgot to fax in my meds to mail order pharm and tried doing a lame diagnosis over the phone, left me so sick I finally crawled into a local urgent care facility and was diagnosed with severe bacterial pnuemonia, put on 10 days of antibiotic to be reviewed after another round of xrays determines all clear or not yet. So all the weepy, dark-is-closing-in feeling which I always get when SICK, not a rhuematoid flare, is still my signal of being otherwise ill. I tell you, anyone out there listening, the medical profession has a bias against overweight middle aged women-once they see you, and I'm not the biggest or the oldest, they stop listening or thinking. You're fat and whiney until proven otherwise. Its been hard enough to relocate and deal with new male *ssholes who think they're holy medical missionaries, but not to be taken seriously when I say i know I'm sick, its time to doctor shop. hip surgery is cancelled until further notice, not undergoing hip replacement with an epidural and no PCA if needed.

No comments: