Thursday, July 14, 2011

too much...

I'm feeling shellshocked, as I guess many in the Jewish community are today over the murder of young Lieb Kletzky in Boro Park area. For me, the crime is not simply painful that a Jewish child, still pure and absorbing the world in innocense, is slaughtered and G-d forbid who knows what else, by someone with a Jewish name. Whether he is actually Jewish...ge vais. His ex-wife appears to be using a controlled substance or her adrenaline was soaring as she slurred during her interview about her murderous ex "He's normal..." They're all normal, the nicest guys, mild mannered, quiet, always said Hi & Bye and little else. Landlord has 1 washing machine and 1 dryer in the basement. This basement could be used in a horror film, cobwebs, daddy long leg spiders, mold everywhere, rickety bannister and when anyone used the dryer, they would scoop the lint tray and toss if behind the dryer. This house is 99.5 percent wood, a fire from dust & lint catching from the heat would be very serious. But wait, this isnt a problem, because the dryer doesnt get hot! Maybe the landlord's safety precaution is to leave the dryer cool thereby insuring tenant's lives and his building. But my lease notes there is a washer and dryer. You take your sopping wet clothes, because the rinse/wringe cycle rinses and doesnt much wringe and put them in the dryer, come back 45 minutes later to a load of warm soggy clothes. I see other tenants loading their cars and returning with dry cleaning and laundry bags. I think it time to use a laundry service once a month. It is not an easy matter to load laundry bags with wet laundry, its weight at least doubled and try hauling that up the steps with one's own ass and a cane. So I bought an all wood folding rack which initially I was using on the porch to dry clothes and small items, and would cover it with a light sheet for privacy. I hesitate now to put anything on the porch because of baldy. I could hear the landlord discussing the 'incident' that I asked him not to discuss, my only question was, is this tenant someone I need to be concerned about since he bangs on my door at 11:30pm? Or is this just Pittsburgh? The cats still demand to go out a couple of times a day, so I cant be scared off my own porch. Even though I left a small table on the porch, it only holds 40 lbs, so anyone using it as a step up to pet the nice kitty sleeping on the window sill at 3am, wont find the table much use. I'm going to start a new prologue to my daily blogging...having left the constant sirens, screaming mexican toddlers/daycare beneath my apt window, the car repair business that preceeded the mexican toddler day care and that involved constant metal clanging, air hoses pumping tires, or the Chinese 'immigrants' tearing down and rebuilding buildings that suit their peculiar purposes-labelling every residence a 'condo'- the yellow silt or dust that required at least a weekly once over throughout the apartment-having left this paradisio for Pittsburgh, I should share the new morning sounds that are quite different here. In general I am awakened by birds chirping. If people have children, they are kept quiet and attended to. Its interesting how some cultures go deaf when a baby screams. I listened to one child, sounded like an infant scream for 6 SIX HOURS until I finally gave up and called children's services. They didnt make it to the correct address, but something must have been conveyed through the street because the daycare wasnt having kids over for weeks and then it was quieter...I once yelled SHUT UP when at 7:30 am their back door opened and out ran kids onto the astro turf, yelling at one another fighting over bouncing balls and who gets into the plastic house and who is husband and orders everyone around and who is the wife. Or the constant frying of garlic for eggplant in garlic sauce or garlic chicken, garlic dumplings. I'm thinking of getting a bread maker. I'm tired of paying $3+ for a loaf or $1.60 for a loaf in plastic that never gets hard or moldy, disqualifying it as BREAD. Then I worry if I make my own bread, which I was doing in Brooklyn for Shabbos..and nary a crumb was wasted...that I will eat said bread machine bread. Bread w butter, bread w cheese of all kinds, bread w jam and tea. No reason to shop for anything, there would be bread. Very healthy diet for a diabetic. Ah, but I use Splenda in my coffee and tea. Really gets old to not smoke (I'm wanting to smoke, havent done it, but want to) not drink, not supposed to eat sugar, shouldnt be eating at all and focusing on losing weight. The only reason I do not currently smoke is the cats. My health is so fried, not smoking almost seems a non sequitur. The debt ceiling should not be raised. We pumped billions into the system, mainly the financial partners of Geithner and whats his name and have shinola to show for it. Foreclosures are mounting and people are realizing they can stay in their homes despite the paper warnings slapped on their doors that the Sheriff is coming to remove tenants and property belongs to the bank. Let it crash, all of it. My disability checks wont come in either, lets see what the phuck happens. If you can run a goverment in a fiscally responsible manner and have to take order from our debt masters The Almight Chinese, then we dont deserve to be a country, we're already a Chinese satellite, let the Chinese come in and do whatever the hell they want, we sold ourselves and the country-sleep with dogs, get up with fleas.

No comments: