Friday, July 15, 2011

Shabbos, this week

Well last week Shabbos was, but I wasn't. It was the shabbos day of seeking medical help at the urgent care clinic, diagnosed w pnuemonia and I just finished the first round of antibiotics. First round because NY rhuematologist may want a second course, depending on xray outcome. But my ribcage while not painful, remains oddly lumpy or swollen. I dont think my stomach can handle any more antibiotics, even with eating yogurt. So trying to get back on trak, made a decent hot shabbos meal for Shabbos night, apartment cleaned, Parsha Pincus. As for the morning wake up sounds...I began using methotrex again last night as per NY rheumi, so after feeding the felines around 6am, fell into a deep sleep. But my deepest sleep is always around this time, its the time of dreams as well. I thought my capacity to love or recall loving someone was long gone, but I dreamed of O for the first time in many years. He looked distant, preoccupied and not relating to the surroundings we were in. There was a 2nd couple, the woman began crawling on him and he pulled back, but unlike myself in a waking state, I became enraged and screamed for her to get off him, take her hands off him and tore at her hair and body to protect him/us. In real life, he left me for 'her' and I dont know if he's even still alive. But I rarely dream in this manner unless the subject dreamed of isn't in some crisis. As for me, dime store analysis tells me that my very delayed enraged reaction to being surplanted by another woman who knew I was somewhere in the back ground, is perfectly healthy, albeit late. So I missed the birds this morning, the whirring of someone's hedge cutter droned me awake. followed by someone trash being slammed into the dumpster beneath my window...both cats were perched silently, curled in sleep on their respective dressers. Oh last night Miss Puss came strolling by. It was almost 10pm and she was further from the porch and didnt realize we were sitting out there. I saw her and called to her. This cat cannot be a stray, either she was abandoned or is lost. She sees me, listens and then sits primly when I ask here to wait, I'll bring her some dinner. She does not move until I reappear (3x now same behavior)with a tiny dish of the boys' food and place it near so she can smell it but in a secluded position so she feels safe. She lets me pet her. I would like to scoop her up on night, put her in a case and take her to be checked, see if she's chipped or not. The boys are hysterical to watch. As soon as Mr B saw I brought her a dish and watched me feed her, he went inside to his own food dish to see if his food was still there, took a few licks and returned to the porch. Bootie didnt move, he likes having visitors, stretches his paws out, crosses them and lays his little face on his paws to watch whomever has stopped by...they remain happily on the porch, its as far, so far, as they want to go. They seem content to watch what goes on from a safe position. However last night a fire fly came right over them and when it twinkled they both swatted at it, smacking one another, almost tumbling down the steps. That's too much excitement for Mr. B. He went back inside and sat in the doorway. Then 2 minutes later came back out, walked over to Bootie and whomped him on the head. Bootie is getting used to this disciplinary method that seems to mean in this case, You dumb*ss we could have both fallen down these steps Since the fire fly scooted away from them both, perhaps the lost fly got Mr.B more annoyed than Booties roly poly way of life. Bootie has no sense of how round he is and small a space might be. He has rolled of surfaces a number of times, no spatial conceptualization, which I think is very particular to cats in general, their whiskers providing spatial sense and safety. At some point Bootie recognized that rolling on his back, belly up and staring at me would get him something tasty and a tummy massage. He now comes around because he loooooves the Furminator and sits like a pasha, rolling side to side to give me brushing access to every bit of his fat self, watching the fur pile accumulate. Then we toss his fluff to the birds off the porch so it can be used for nesting. At first he found dispersal of his hair a concern. He who eats embroidery thread if I dont hide it. As a kitten he would chew on my hair. I think my son told us that he does this because he needs to chew on grass...I need to get them some safe chew plants. I'm so isolated that if it isn't on Amazon, it might as well not exist. The Furminator was purchased because Mr. B has very long hair, but thankfully it doesnt matt, but he clearly looks in need of a brushing. anyone touching his hind parts or stomach while he is fully conscious risks a hiss, growl and smack. A homeopathic calming gel was also purchased to sooth Mr. B who seems anxious from noises or my going out, I tried the shmear on paw technique an also after cutting his nails rubbed some on his very dry hard back toes, which he protested vigorously but seemed relieved afterwards. He's not one to be picked up for cuddling. Debt ceiling still hovering, Leibi Kletzky z"tl is resting IMH, may his parents find peace, amazing how antibiotics erase emotional dark and gloom, either an unrecognized medical fact or I am a medical anomaly. I had been buying some packaged foods easily prepared for post op period, ashamed to say that included ramen noodles. The sodium content almost blew my head off, I had to put them outside for passersby to take and enjoy. This is not a product to offer the kids...

No comments: