Thursday, July 28, 2011

Prices

Landlord leased apartment w washer/dryer in the basement. Neither has worked for weeks, messages left about the dryer leaving clothes sopping wet and warm (yeech) remain ignored. So I bought a wood rake dryer and was using that on the porch until the loon next door decided to make himself comfortable anytime he saw me outside, so I stopped using the wood rake on the porch. But even with that, I cant hand wash linens except a pillow case. Hand washing clothes is not a problem, I started doing that in Bklyn last year when dragging the granny wagon loaded with laundary was just too much and then trying to get the bags back up the steps, so I called a laundry pick up and delivery service. The same 3 bags of laundry that I paid $50 in NY cost $70 in PA. I called Life Alert to price coverage for emergency alert care. $69.95 a month plus an initial set up fee of $98. Nothing with them is in round numbers, like $70 a month or $100. Maybe they think old people will feel safer if they're only paying $69.95 and saving a nickle, so they can save that for a bottle of pop when they take Bessie out with the wagon for a trot to pick up ice for the ice box later, ya think? Fuck Life Alert. And a Mr. Zuckerman called me to discuss their services and schmoozed and pushed and schmoozed, threw in some yiddish, mentioned Ed Koch, kept asking for my card number and then informed me I needed a landline to use their service. They will provide a cell phone, but thats only connected to their exclusive emergency line. Life Alert $70 +$98 Comcast landline $34 + $35 activation fee Laundry $70 ...and each month I keep trying to find any way to cut corners. I had 2 store coupons totaling $8, the checkout fairy doubled them, so my $41 total somehow went down to $21 for 2 fresh roasts, veges, bread. I used the slow cooker and the "roast" is half the size when I bought it, but its the veges I wanted with just a bit of red meat since I'm anemic again. Long term disability co. called unexpectedly this afternoon. They're so nice and always throw me off kilter, because its their job to be 'nice' and find out why they have to kick you off LTD and tell you to go back to work. I spoke to a new rep and I have nothing to hide. Told her that hip replacement is in a few weeks, getting 2nd opinion, finding good doctors after leaving NY hasnt been easy. My PC flat out announced that Fibro is a mental disorder (think I noted that in an earlier post) but Epstein Barr is a 'real' virus because he has it, so that proves it exists. But I already kicked the pathetic rheumi he referred me to, to the curb, so I dont want to boot everyone at once. And its a good thing I didnt because I knew doctors had to be in place so when she asked I gave her PC's name and contact info and also told her, he sez Fibro doesnt exist, but the new rhuemi I have an appt with does treat it and everything else, so I'll have that info for her soon. She told me to zip it unless asked...hmmmm, someone actually being helpful to a client? That's more like something the lawyer would have said. She will be sending paperwork, so I guess its going to be another round of having Dr.s fill in forms...they HATE doing that here. My kids "dont do clean up" my doctors, "dont do forms or form letters" After surgery I need to rethink my living options. My treadmill arrived late today just as it began pouring rain and the poor UPS guy looked so pooped. The box weighed a ton, he pushed it into the kitchen but at least half of the weight was packaging, so by the time I unpacked, then shoved all the foam bits into the 7 ft long box and dragged it out the back to the dumpster and then had to vacuum because you cant leave those tiny white foam bits all around and while I was at it, the bedroom needed its vacuuming because of cat litter and Tatie pulling out Mr. B's fur by the mouthful when they tussle...I too was too popped to even attempt putting that machine together, but there seems to be only 2 poles somehow that get put on, and I've tackled worse projects. 1.5 pain pills and a glass of milk took care the day's pains. If that man, posing as a Jew calls me again trying to sell me a Life Alert plan I'm going to block him. Ms. Pussycat came by last night, she sashays and meanders slowly and then meows and Bootie heard her, ran onto the porch and as she came closer toward the steps I heard hissing and growling! Well, that was a first and I dont know who was saying what to whom but she moved back and Bootie made it clear he was Master of His Domain as he spread himself across the entire top step. He's learned some nasty tricks from Mr. B...who does the same thing to him, blocking his entry or exist to a room. I brought her a small dish, which is now her dish, and after eating she laid down in a rough gravelly part of the ground, so I brought out a piee of clean cotton and laid it down, patted it and showed her she could lie on it. I did everything but lay down on it, but she stayed a safe distance from the Man of the House...the same guy who goes belly up when you sing to him "You are my Sunshine, my only sunshine..." please dont take my Tatee away!

No comments: