Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dispossessed Cat?

Our visitor, Ms Puss, has become a full time porch resident. I found this out last night when the neighbors who share the porch, had visitors leaving at 2-3am and the cat was out there meowing. They were all talking (like no one might be asleep at that hour) how cute she is and how she hangs around here all the time. I thought she was just around for a meal, now I understand why she didnt follow me down the driveway last week, she doesnt want to go home again.

She's afraid to come into the apartment because Mr. Boo is still too intimidating. Even Bootie with his bounding about, trying to control his excitement at seeing her, is too much. There were thunder storms after the guests left. I have no idea where she hid, she must spend alot of time under the house. There is a foot high space from the foundation where anything could go hide. And it stay dry despite the moist earth.

Bootie sits on the window sill, he can hear her, he meowed frantically last night. I honestly dont know what he wants, if he is just happy to see her or wants her to come inside. She had a flea collar on that was removed and her neck line had a matt of fur that appeared to be pulled. A week ago there was a horrid screech from a cat, even my cats sat up frightened unsure of what was next. Then she disappeared for 2 days. Now she doesnt leave the porch, sleeping on a step, waiting for the door to open.

I can't take her in until both cats are comfortable with her and she needs to be taken to the vet.
Always something...

No comments: