Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What part of "Goya" dont you understand?

And I'm not talking about beans here. Both online and in private (licht bentching? tehillim?) I've been hakking G-d's tea kettle asking how much loneliness and isolation He thinks one human can take? Be careful what you ask for... So this morning I'm gettin ready for important Dr. appointment, everything prepared and dial cell phone for a taxi, cell phone auto message tells me I cannot make calls, I'm out of minutes. I knew that but conveniently erased it because I had to get to Dr., waited 4 weeks to see this man. Took my bag of records, files etc. said a final farewell to the cats and told them if I dont come back, best of luck, because I'm leavin with no idea of what to do. They understood, everyday is like that for them. I walk down the block and decide to stop in the pharmacy and see if they have a pay phone so I can call Dr.s office and taxi company. No pay phone, but Ms. Felicia is working the register at 8:30am and she turns out to be the first angel G-d sent to assist one of His favorite recalcitrant slow students. She pulls out her Blackberry and calls the taxi service, asks me how long the wait will be, usually 45-1 hour now I tell her. She doesnt like that and calls her friend who drives a jitney service, but it seems you have to know who to know because the only official car service is punk. She calls her friend, a woman, so now I thank her, go outside and figure with over 1 hour surely one of these options will appear. Since Murphy's Law seems to trumps His law sometimes, I stood there for 45 minutes in blazing sunlight until my leg almost crumbled and crept (I'm creeping alot these days, pain is amazing) back into the ice cold pharmacy, Felicia was on the phone, and when she saw me still hanging around, she was as upset as I was, dropped her call and called a third person. Peter was there in 3 minutes, I arrived at Dr. appt with 4 minutes to spare and was supposed to be there a half hour early, which was nonsense because they had mailed me a folder of paperwork to fill out and bring with me. Mr. Peter was kind enough to give me his phone number any time I need a car. At the Dr.s office I found one woman who couldnt stop laughing about the dead birds, lost cats and my own cats and the more I went on, the more her cigarette chest heaved (skinny as a stick too) but we were exchanging jokes like 2 old friends, she asked for my name and number and gave me hers. After seeing this Dr. I'm called up to desk for a summary of surgery prep information and a lovely woman and her husband are waiting next to me. She turns to tell me she's had 2 surgeries with my doctor-to-be and it was a breeze, up and walking in 4 hours, its can happen, the pain IS minimal, life does become so much better, she had 1 hip/1 knee and is having her second hip done. I'm on that time line as well, but I guess its easier with a spouse to get you thru the early recuperation days. She said I should call her for anything, just to discuss any concerns about surgery and wrote her name and number down. 3 goyas in a day..a hazakah. There must be something in my past life or some level of existence that only G-d knows about because its always been goyim who've been there pointed me back in the right direction, brought me into college, made sure I had medical care after divorce. Black women who were so kind as they raised me while my mother was out and about. This is not to say every day experiences are this way, this was a gift given in response to anguish and frankly, anger, a terrible way to approach G-d for anything. So a gift given means nothing is not understood and accepted and used, and returned in good faith. Felicia moved to PA from Brooklyn, she lived near coney island avenue, (so she recognized an old weary Jwish woman when she saw one...I so often forget that the world sees me one way, as I dont see myself) and then said her sister-in-law is Jewish. A nice Jewish girl married a nice African American boy and I'm invited to join them for drinks. So G-d what's the point? Go out with this heathen crowd and see what I shouldnt be kvetching about because this is all treyfe business anyway? Or go and see what amazing mivtzoim might occur? (I'm not expecting a response because what usually happens is, this is the part where I have to decide for myself-you asked for it, you got it, you mess it up or not) Free choice, enjoy:;-)

No comments: