Thursday, August 11, 2011

Do not take ur sleep meds and proceed to post

That is my lame excuse for the previous post It Must Be Wonderful. I should know by now but for some reason this refill is extra strong...Chinese generics...and I can usually get away with whatever I'm doing. When I start seeing double, I know it's time to hit the pillow. The power of the particular pain med I use is unusual in that, instead of being sedated, I become hyper. Me hyper=the honey do list gets done, the one I should hire 'a guy' who does odd jobs that require climbing ladders repeatedly taking down curtains and replacing them, hanging pictures and the dreaded sorting of hundreds of documents that need to be either filed or shredded. And it doesnt happen with every brand of this med, only one. The newer one knocks me out which I hate, the reason for using this is pain that is so debilitating I cant focus on anything except trying to find a comfortable position to escape pain (left hip, groin, knee, lower back...all on the left side.) Ms Puss was mewing this morning at 7:30am when neighbor went to work. I think he walks right past her, I never hear him say anything, she just sits and waits after she sees its not our door. But this morning she was all agitated and not on the steps but at the door itself ready to come in and have a look see for her food dish. The boys rushed the door and kind of pushed her back out, back down the steps and she began to hiss as if its her place and what the heck are you guys thinking? I'm late for breakfast but I made it, so lets eat. She becomes frightened but Booties loves her coming around, waits on the window sill looking for her, just wants to sit near her. Shes okay with Bootie if she's not being growled at by Mr. B, and he does growl. I get the same rolling roaring growl when his claws are being trimmed. No matter how careful I am, with him its an invasion of privacy and his dignity. So I just head butt while talking to him and clipping quickly, but not much can be done with his back toenails...they are too long, very sensitive and its ridiculous to be writing about cat toe nails. I expect to 'pay' for the work I did today by tomorrow when the med wears off but at least these things got done, the AC is out and put away, curtains were nagging at me and now all the windows are correctly private while open for air and the cats can sit on the sills. And no bald men can look in to see if I'm awake. 3,400 new housing settlements in East Jerusalem...but they dont want old-er people. This is wonderful news for olim and families waiting for so long to settle into a home.

No comments: